Monday 11 January 2021

Lockdown v3: Day 07

Work work work. Boooorrriiinnng. This is my first week of part time hours, so I only have two days left at work this week!

Exercise today: plank, push ups, side to side twists, cycling bike. Might do weights later. Equally I might not. 

Dinner today: veggit curry. Homemade. Full of veg: onion, garlic, celery, pineapple, broccoli, carrot, baby corn, bell pepper. Also chickpeas, some yogurt, fresh bay leaves, cinnamon stick, curry powder, cumin, turmeric, cardamom pods (deseeded), whole cloves, and a little pot of curry flavour sauce stuff. No pics cuz we ate it fast fast fast. 

I have done three rows (so far) today on b1 and am on track to do two more so that’s a good run. I think I’ve figured out the stitch placement but I’ll reassess that statement after I’ve done the next two rows and messed them up. Hey ho. Very glad I ordered three balls of white, but I have ordered another just in case. I will need extra for the border. And for when I make a matching blanket for Ms Taffula of Floofbottom.

I attempted a wool wash today!! It worked!! The last time I attempted a wool wash it Did Not Go Well™. I did both a wash and a dry in our machine and it’s worked like a charm. Things slightly shrunk but only back to their original sizes. The worst casualty is the pompom atop Davids hat, for it is now felted.

Snowdrops are growing well in the little hanging pots. I am excited to see these.

I have decided to sneak some bird seed into the bird bath instead. Nothing has come down to the bath but we have a stonking great big river out the back, so maybe it isn’t required. I shall try some seed. Had a wren in the garden this morning.

I started re-reading Let’s Pretend This Never Happened by Jenny Lawson again yesterday. I love her so. I can’t get on with the ash tree – I think it’d make a good reference book, but not for general reading.

Had a bubble bath yesterday. Ate an ice cream in the bath. My slave kept me topped up with alcohol too. This why I dream about him, he’s so good to me during the day that I have to get more of him in my dreams. What a nice boy.