Tuesday 5 January 2021

Lockdown v3: Day 01

Well, here we are again.

Again again.

I am likely going to be furloughed by the end of the week but my two yarn orders arrived today so I can get started on making blankets!! I have a blue & white one, and a muted woodland outdoorsy tone one. I am excited.

The asparagus seeds that I split are growing really well. The ones that had sprouted and are growing have been put into a pot with peat free compost and have a plastic baggy over them. Since being potted up they are all growing really well and developing new roots. The rest of the seeds are still on the damp newspaper to germinate. It can apparently take two-three months for them to germinate but the first one appeared after two weeks.

I have finished the massive slab of dairy milk. Like a champ.

I am currently reading The Ash Tree. I am a tree warden and I want to learn more about trees, so I am reading a tree book. It’s interesting but also difficult to read. I do not have a head for figures and things. Sometimes I just want to read a book and not have to scan for footnotes or captions or figures or some other bollocks.

Exercise today: plank, pish ups, cycling bike.

Dinner today: jacket potato, cheese & beans, with a side salad.