Thursday 28 January 2021

Lockdown v3: Day 24

I left the house today!!! Big news.

But first, I had another awful nights sleep and got up at 7:15am. I came downstairs and set up the hammock because I didn’t want to curl up on the sofa. The knot has slipped so when I’m in the hammock, I’m basically sitting on the floor. I really need to lose some weight.

I have been to the allotment today because I couldn’t get there at the weekend. It is so horrifically flooded – again. It’s the worst I’ve ever seen it in the 11years that I’ve been there. I also noticed that there’s a pocket of air under the pond liner so it is bulging up above the water level, so that’s something else for me to fix in the summer.

There’s lots of bulbs coming up on the allotment and the first crocus is about to flower. I will plant even more next autumn. The hazel has female flowers coming too (the tiny pink anemone lookin’ thing).

Went shopping today, and the first load of things that I ordered yesterday morning have also arrived. Following the 1kg bread that bent my tray, I have bought a new heavy duty tray. My alpaca wool has arrived from the Isle of Wight to make stripy socks for David. When my wrist has healed. My new arch for the garden (tenner from Wilkos) has also come, and a load of seeds. I bought foxgloves and globe thistles, forgetting that I’ll plant them this year for them to flower next year. Wonder if we’ll still be in this house in 2022?

I have been having twinges of tendonitis and last night I couldn’t even sit without it hurting so I’ve had it strapped. No crochet for meeeee. I was just getting into the swing of doing the blue blanket too, and making good progress. It’s really difficult to not use your hand, especially when you are right handed and it’s the right wrist that’s gone.

The pak choi ends in the kitchen are starting to actually look like pak choi. Do I put them in compost now? Never tried it before so I have no idea. Tomo I will stick them in some compost and see what happens.

Exercise today: walking through slop and mud at the allotment. Apparently I have walked 1.5miles today. I have been really down on myself and after the hammock touched the floor today I have decided to actually make an effort and do stuff. I keep moaning about being a fatty but then I bake a whole lemon cake with buttercream and pretty much eat the entire thing myself. No more. I am going to lose weight this year.

Dinner today: fish n chips with mushy peas.

I saw Ms Taffula of Floofbottom today. She shouted at me (I think it translates as “why did you leave me?”). Momma P captured her and held her while I gave her tickles and a stroke. The cat, not Momma.

David bought me new slippers yesterday and sewed my old ones today, so even though I said I couldn't see how to fix them, he has gone and dunnit. So now I have two pairs of slippers. 

Got a new plant for the living room today and it has filled a gap perfectly.