Thursday 21 January 2021

Lockdown v3: Day 17

Are we halfway through yet? Don’t know. Losing track of days again as I only work three days a week now.

This morning I washed my face with actual proper face wash AND flossed my teeth. Winner!

Exercise today: bean weights, side to side twists, push ups, 10min cycling.

Dinner today: sketti and meatballs with the leftover sauce. Yummers for my tummers.

This morning I did some gardening:

·       Herb hanging baskets topped off with grit and hung up. The regrowth should happily find its way through the pebbles.

·       Two daffs have flower buds forming!

·       Sowed the first lot of seed in the long raised bed. I did winter hardy spring onion, early carrots, and early radish. I will do more in three weeks time. I need to resow the other planter with more peas and lettuce as they have died a death.

·       Started lots of other seed – basil, oregano, rosemary, lemon grass, bell pepper, lobelia, hollyhock, calendula, loofah, rainbow tomatoes, artichoke, rhubarb. I didn’t do any sweet pea as I have no where to put them. Never seen a rhubarb seed before let alone tried to grow one.

I am very excited by all the bulb growth in and around the garden. VERY much looking forward to them being in bloom! I vaguely remember what I planted but I’m sure there’s more than I think.

Crochet blanket 2 is going very well. I have ploughed through today and done LOADS. It might well be finished tonight. I am only making a small blanket/runner to go over the storage trunk that we use as a foot rest.

David has requested a pair of socks in similar colours to the blanket.

Today was actually booked off as annual leave so even though I am on furlough two days a week, I still have to take annual leave, so by taking today as leave I get paid 100% whereas tomorrow I only get paid 80%. So I’ve “earnt” 20% by doing fuck all? NOICE.

Leek babbies



Hyacinth I think



I have had some of these seeds for literal YEARS. Some were sow before 2015.....









New Girl, crochet, hot choca, jamas. Peak basic white girl.