Tuesday 2 February 2021

Lockdown v3: Day 29

Nearly a whole month of lockdown? Is this the new normal? I am still part time furloughed for the next two weeks and no one knows what will happen after that. I am expecting to be furloughed to the end of Feb.

Today I went to one of my work sites to shift a load of compost. We couldn’t get there last week due to the weather. I have moved 100 bags of 20kg of peat free compost – 2,000kgs all by meself. Quite proud. The other 50 bags were taken to a different work site in preparation.

I have joined in a with a twitter challenge called February100 - the idea is to do 100 of something, so 100 miles walking/running, 100mins hula hooping etc. So today I shifted 100 bags of compost! I will also do my hula hooping. I doubt very much that I will hit 100miles walking even though I did 5.5miles today.

It was great being out today. So good to feel the sun on my face and get some fresh air. No hoody on. I drove home with the windows open and it was LUSH. I also added a new bird to the Birds of 2021 list – a stock dove.

The daffs in the living room are PONGY. Very strong. But I want more.

My avocado twig is twiggy. It’s about 2ft tall and has a few small leaves at the top. I have three loofah seedlings coming up – I sowed 8 so am still waiting for more. No sign of the bell peppers but it was old seed.

I burnt the roof of my mouth on dinner yesterday and I burnt it again on dinner tonight.

I got ID’d in Sainsburys today!! The lady said “oh it’s for the challenge 25 thing”. I said it might be, but I’m 32 and a bit! First time I’ve been ID’d with my face mask on.

Exercise today: 100 bags of compost, 4 huge heavy pallets, 5.5miles walking. Unfortunately I didn’t start the health app to record the walk so although it has logged the walk, it won’t show on my official workouts list. I moved the bags with a wheelbarrow, and I also moved some timber, so I've basically done 2hrs of resistance training. Stop braggin'.

Dinner: pizzaaaaaaaaaaaaaahh. Buy a veggie pizza, add more veggies. Yup. It comes with courgette, onion, pepper, and spinach pesto. I add peas, baby corn, courgette, pepper, onion, and tomatoes. LUSH.

Boshed a bag of mini eggs today too.

Poppa Hams is 73 today and had his first vaccine jab to celebrate.