Monday 8 February 2021

Lockdown v3: Day 35

Back to work today but I took a lunchtime jaunt over to the allotment. It has been utterly bitterly cold today. My furlough period has been extended by another couple of weeks to the end of the month now. Not a surprise.

We had a light dusting of snow this morning but it had all melted by 10am.

One year ago today was the last gig I went to, with David, Kyle & Clara. We went to see Dave Hause and Northcote at the Islington Chapel in London, and then got stranded there due to storm Ciara. Which wasn’t really an issue as we found a pub, had a roast dinner, and washed it all down with mango beer. So not all bad.

I have successfully killed cress seedlings.

The birds haven’t eaten the seeds from the new feeders on the allotment. I can’t decide if they’re too exposed or if they just haven’t figured them out yet. Or if the seed is frozen to the tray.

Clothes today: knick-knack-noos, underlegs, knee high socks, jeans, t shirt, thin jumper, shawl, thick jumper, arm length gloves, big 3-in-1 thermal fleece lined rain coat, over gloves, neck buff, neck cowl, hat, hood. Yes I was still cold. I need to invest in walking trousers but in fat people size so that they fit around my arse and my belly whilst still allowing movement, layers, and bending. And can fit things in the pockets. This is why I just wear jeans. I am also seriously considering some crochet elasticated leg warmers...

Exercise today: getting dressed. 10min cycling.

Dinner today: pizza.

Pudding today: probably an entire big chocolate bar.

I have been working on the blue blanket and am making steady process. I am about halfway through the next section so it is nearly ¾ done.

Bought a new little succulent today. 

David saw two little snowflakes trapped in a spiders web on the bedroom window.

I found two flies having sex on the bedroom curtain today so I squished them dead and then sprayed the room again. Little wankers.

I have posted just over 3,000 posts on Instagram now, I am not sure if this is good or bad. I had a year-ish long hiatus but since being back I can’t stop using it. I need an Instagram intervention. I already have a screen time limit for it (1hr a day). I am quite enjoying not checking facebook all the time, but I am over compensating by always checking twitter & insta.