Thursday 25 February 2021

Lockdown v3: Day 52

I left the house today!! Went out in my toot toot car!! Went to the allotment!!! Saw a green woodpecker!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

25 radish seedlings. Sowed peas today in the garden planter.

Pak choi are growing well in their tub.

Loads of iris have opened!! Very happy. I am already planning what bulbs I am going to plant this coming autumn. Basically more of everything. I planted well over 500 bulbs last autumn so another 500 would be good.

On the allotment:

·       Topped up bird feeders

·       Watched the birds

·       Heard and saw a green woodpecker – added to my 2021 bird list

·       Took the cross beams off the brassica cage, cut the verticals down shorter, put the cross beams back on, added the rest of the cross beams

·       Put the mesh over the cage and stapled it

·       I need to go back and do the lifty-uppy-flappy-access bits but it is a two person job

·       I was going to sow seeds but couldn’t be arsed

·       Garlics are growing well in three beds. More is more, right?

·       Harvested a plant pot full of sprouts from Momma P’s plot

·       Almond and quince are coming into bud

·       Flower bed is full of crocus and itsy bitsy teeny weeny yellow (non polka dot) daffydilly

I was absolutely knackered after the allotment – I am SO UNFIT. So unfit.

Today I have sorted out cotton and yarn for my next couple of projets. I am making a rug and a secret something else.

Have had the back doors flung open today

Made a glass of orange juice by squeezing a load of oranges! The big ones were going soft and squidgy, and the small ones weren’t good for peeling. So I squeezed ‘em.

It was 33.5° in our kitchen today according to the thermostat

Exercise today: 2.2miles walking, leg & hip stretches

Dinner today: beige with beans. A freezer dinner.