Monday 22 February 2021

Lockdown v3: Day 49

Work work work. Slow day.

Started this years veg growing! I have done the small square planter out the back. It did have spinach in it but they have died under the snow (winter hardy, pish). The planter now has two types of spinach, mizuna, lollo rosso lettuce, mustard red frills, red spring onion, carrot, radish, corn salad, and turnip. Not sure why I put turnip in but I found the seeds and well, why not.

The over fence planters have been in the sunshine today – our garden is north facing so it is mostly in shade at the moment – and the crocus have opened! They looked so nice in the sun. I want more of these planters. More more more more! More. I am already planning more bulbs for next autumn.

I have boiled my necklace and ring today. My neck has been irritated lately and I keep scratching it which makes it worse. Don’t know if it’s the necklace chain or not, but the chain is silver so it shouldn’t bother me. It’s also only a very small area of my neck.

19 radish seedlings are up.

Planted 3 chard seeds today.

I have also put some borage seed down – 8 in total; 4 white and 4 blue. Spread around the garden.

It’s been a glorious day outside but I have been wallowing and am far too anxious to go out by myself. Our local area is very noisy as there’s lots of roadworks going on and it sets me off. I wear my headphones and listen to music but then I'm anxious about people following me and whatnot. 

Exercise today: 10min cycling, leg & hip stretches.

Dinner: leftover tuna pasta bake from t’other day.

I have written a list of things to get done every day which will hopefully help me feel better. Today I am reading my way through a pile of gardening magazines from last year. Tomorrow I will have a bath. YES I WILL.

Can't believe that this time last year I said to David "I can sacrifice having a garden if it means we've got parking for two cars..." - I would not have survived this year without the garden, even if it is tiny.

Didn't do any peas


Aneneneneneneneneneneneneneneome