Sunday 28 February 2021

Lockdown v3: Day 55

Another few hours up at the allotment(s) today. Momma P and I have mostly emptied the old shed, tipped over and emptied the water butts ready for moving, taken up the tarps and bricks and redeployed them on the new plot, and started cutting down the grass and the plum trees. The plum trees are going to become a dead hedge thicket at the top/back of the plot to thicken up a patch of trees.

Saw my first bumblebutt of the year today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not much else to report really. Came home. Did the laundry. Did the washing up. Did the vacuuming.

Lined both of the little planters today so they are ready for the next stage of life. They are going to a friends house to be decorated and varnished.

Still loads to do on the plots. 31 now needs to be dismantled – all the raised beds, polytunnel, compost bins, archway, bird feeder etc. 16 needs to be dug over (I am going to hire a man wot can) and then general faffing to get things where I want them.

I have spent most of this afternoon pricing up materials to build my own bespoke handmade shed. It’s hella expensive. Like, £220 just for the slabs. Hmm. Maybe we shan’t.

Exercise today: allotment. David said that he was going to start running in March and well, it starts tomorrow. I however have made no such claims so I shall stay on my bum.

Dinner today: big fat roasty toasty.

Please enjoy this little video of my collection of mariachi band solar bobblers in the kitchen:













February makes. Forgot to include the whittled crochet hook wot I gone and did