Monday 1 February 2021

Lockdown v3: Day 28

I log into facebook via google chrome on my phone and lately it hasn’t been loading the page to let me log out, and when I post the blog link via laptop facebook I can see that there’s been some changes. I can no longer delete stuff, it goes to a recycling bin for 30 days. I had to clear my browsing history to log out. I haven’t tried logging in on my phone again, so I have been on facebook a lot less than I usually am. This is a GOOD THING™ but there is also a part of me that feels like I’m missing out. Of course I’m not. So if you comment or share anything on there, I probably won’t see it to reply to it until much later. I purposely don't use the app, so don't suggest it.

Today I have been at work, in front of the laptop. A quietly productive day.

At lunchtime I went on a walk. I decided the other day that I was going to try and walk every day in February. I did a 1.5mile loop today – the usual route that D and I do – and my little anxious heart was pounding all the way round. But I did it. It took me 45mins because I kept stopping to look at the birds and snowdrops and talk to a dog. But I did it. David got me a celebratory pink sprinkle donut, but he has not said whether I get one every time I walk or not.

I have started my February Flexibility regime today. I am trying to focus on increasing my hip strength because lately I have been getting off the sofa and nearly falling over with searing pain in my hip. I am also doing some upper body exercises to try and fix my knotty shoulder. I have just printed some things off google search.

Exercise today: 1.5mi walk, 10min cycle, stretchy things.

Dinner: I did a veggie traybake thing. Mixed results. Not the greatest. I used posh breadcrumbs but they were v spicy. Still, it filled me up.

Daffs on the mantel are now all open and looking very bright and cheery.

I haven’t been out in the garden today.

Very proud of myself for walking today. I shall do it again on Wednesday. I am out on site shifting as much compost as possible tomorrow so I won’t be in the mood for exercise on top of that.