Friday 12 February 2021

Lockdown v3: Day 39

I stole this - Today’s date is both a palindrome and an ambigram. You can read it left to right, right to left, and upside down, apparently.

David has been melting plastic on the hob today to make himself some wrist straps for varying knives, multi-tools, and a portable knife sharpener. He sharpened the kitchen knives yesterday and I cut my thumb. Today I have cut my little finger. So I only have three fingers to go and that’s my left hand all covered in plasters! Reminds me, must put plasters on the shopping list…

I noticed today that the avocado is now the source of fungus gnats so I have repotted it into a bigger pot (it needed it, the roots were coming out the bottom). I had to jump on the bag of compost to loosen it and break it up as it was frozen. Probably not ideal for potting something up, but it needed doing. The avo is now in a bigger pot, in a plastic bag, with the bag tied around the stem. Hopefully should keep any gnats out, and any gnats in there will die. I am determined for this avo to survive - I ripped it in half accidentally before it had even sprouted and only this half grew.

I have rearranged the mantel a bit and now the haribo bear is riding a triceratops skelly. Bernie is still on his silver flamingo. The daffs are looking very bright and lovely.

Exercise today: crochet. The main body of the blanket may well be done by Sunday! And then I need to do a border. And then wash it.

Dinner today: sausage, mash & paes. Homemade onion gravy and homemade mixed veg mash. Took fucking hours to make and seconds to eat.

One of our neighbours was taken on their final journey today. We think it was the old chap over the road. There was a couple of ambos at the house a few weeks ago. We didn’t know him but there’s only about twenty houses in our little cul de sac.