Thursday 4 February 2021

Lockdown v3: Day 31

THIRTY ONE DAYS.

THIRTY ONE.

Thursdays are furlough days so I had a lie in until 7:55am!!!!! Wahoooo.

A bit of pottering around the garden today. The first hyacinth in the garden has appeared, and also a yellow stripy crocus! I spent some time with the back doors flung wide open, sat on the back step (breezeblocks), wrapped in a blanket, watching the birds. Two great spotted woodpeckers kept flying really low over the garden and I watched them for a good twenty minutes.

I rediscovered two fat ball feeders that I forgot I had so I have put cat hair from Ms Fluffkins in them, ready for the birds to use as nesting material. They really liked the cat hair last year so I hope they come back this year. The coal tits really liked it.

I also planted another pot with gladioli. David had a fire/bbq bucket thing with little fold out leggies, so it is now a planter. Loads of grit and pebbles in the bottom to help with drainage, and grit on top to look nice.

There are now 5 loofah seedlings, so 3 more to go.

The big bird food order came today so I got sorted and went to the allotment. It’s still very wet but the feeding station is topped up so the birds are happy! As soon as I put the new seed feeder up and went back to the shed, a blue tit came down to eat. The garlic is looking really good, I have taken the netting off one of the beds now. I left the netting on another bed because these garlics are a bit slow so are still small.

En route to the allotment I successfully hit the back of a parked van with the side of my car, so Doris-car now has a snazzy go faster stripe up the passenger side. The man was very lovely so no issue.

Exercise today: pushing a heavily laden wheelbarrow through mud at the allotment. Also 10min cycling, and stretchy hip things.

Dinner today: jacket potato, beans, cheese, massive salad.