Wednesday 3 February 2021

Lockdown v3: Day 30

A laptop day today, until lunchtime.

I actually slept last night!! A proper full nights sleep. What a joy. I also dreamt that my hair was down to my butt and I dyed it neon pink, then brown, then bleached it again, then dyed it pink, then put red at the ends. It was a bit patchy.

So, today. I pottered around the garden this morning. There’s lots of hellebore flowers open now and more buds to come. Crocus are starting to open, lots more buds on the daffs. Tulips out the front are growing well, and the big planter out the front is looking thick and full. I think I said that the other day.

David has been off work today so we went for a walk at lunchtime, our usual woodlandy route. We saw a TREE CREEPER! The first one that I’ve ever seen. Very exciting! Also found lots of patches of open snowdrops and some crocus. I love our woodlandy walk even though it is getting muddy. Lots of catkins on the hazel and alder (purple).

The ginger in the bedroom is putting out a fresh green shoot and the other has good roots on it so I’ve put it all back in the pot and watered them, and replaced the plastic bag.

Lots of seedlings have appeared from the seeds I sowed at the weekend! Amaranthus, cosmos, pea, and chard so far.

When we came back from our walk there had been a power cut so unfortunately, I couldn’t do any work for a few hours. David resorted to doing some sewing to fix his socks. We saw a buzzard fly over the woodland out the back.

I have made cakes today! A batch of lemon, blueberry & wispa bits for D, and some orange, raspberry & white choc chip for me. Not the greatest cakes I’ve made but they’re yummy.

I am not too sore after yesterday, just a bit of aching in my biceps.

Exercise today: 1.5mile walk, 10min cycling, 5min hula, hip & shoulder stretches, 25s plank.

Dinner today: pasta & meatballs with homemade sauce. I have reduced my garlic bread intake from three slices to two. All washed down with a Wainwright beer, in a Wainwright glass. Making up for not having the third slice of garlic bread.












The brown blob in the middle of the long brown things... honest!