Saturday 27 February 2021

Lockdown v3: Day 54

Four hours up at the allotment today!!

I did:

·       Finished the cabbage cage

·       Fed the birds

·       Watched a wren

·       Built and meshed the arch

·       Put the arch up

·       Tidied the shed

·       Helped Momma P to move some compost

·       Spoke to the site secretary and now I am moving plot!! I have now got a plot on the top road, so after 11.5yrs on the bottom road, I am MOVING. So all the things that I have built this week now need to be unbuilt, and moved.

Sigh.

Nevermind, I did say last year sometime that I was going to ask about a plot on the top road. The downside is that I have until the end of March to move everything I want moved, so all of my spare time will now be spent on the plot, dismantling and moving stuff!

The new plot is very tussocky and uppy downy but it is a blank canvas, and an opportunity to do things proper. For example, some of my beds are 6ft square and they’re just too big, so this is a chance to think about bed sizes and make them smaller etc.

Exercise: 1.5mile walk, plodding around the plot.

Dinner: pizza. Yeah.

David bought me a bunch of flaaaaaaars which are now in the fox vase. Alstromeria, apparently.

Not a fat lot else today. Four hours in the sun was GREAT though. Really, really GREAT.










My new plot :-) This will be the third plot I've had on this site in 11yrs!