Monday 9 October 2023

Blogtober Day 09

Pro tip: when walking on wetland nature reserves, especially in times following weeks of heavy rain, wellies might be a better choice of footwear! By 10am today I had changed socks twice and shoes three times. And no I still didn’t put my wellies on. A bonus of having soggy feet though – I SAW A DIPPER!! Only my second ever, and I barely saw the first one because I couldn’t actually see what my friends were pointing at, so today is my first proper sighting of a dipper. So exciting!! I watched it for about ten minutes before a blackbird spooked it and it disappeared off over the railway.

I am slowing getting to grips with legionella, and now I need to write an annual work plan for 10 buildings. Wahoo! Good job I like being nerd about things.

Tonight I have hula hooped with a Thin Lizzy soundtrack and then proceeded to come back into the house and have half a bar of Dairy Milk followed by a cheese toastie for dinner. In my defence I had a lot of fruit today. I am trying to increase my natural vitamin c intake so I’m having three oranges (easy peelers) a day.

I have also done my meal prep that I didn’t do yesterday. One pot of chicken curry for the slow cooker tomorrow, and one pot of lamb tagine for the slow cooker on Wednesday. Each pot gives us two meals each, so that’s four days of food ready to go.

I’ve really enjoyed being out in the sun today. I finally feel like I’m settling in at the new job and can actually get stuck into stuff. I have been sorting out the induction process for the two new starters next month. I like organising things. And people.

The chimney is being swept on Wednesday but if this weather continues, we shan’t be having a fire for a while! I put one of the lounge heaters on last week and I won’t turn it off now until March. It’s proving very useful for drying shoes………




no i wasnt picking my nose