Tuesday 17 October 2023

Blogtober Day 17

What a glorious autumnal day to spend 7+ hours in the car, most of that on the M5 motorway!! We have been for a jaunt down to the seaside, for a swim. We went to Budleigh Salterton and the sea was distinctly feisty, a lovely shade of brown, very loud, and very rough. So we didn’t swim. We didn’t even paddle as it was so violent. There was a hardy bunch of geology students looking at the cliff, been there done that! They looked so bladdy miserable. It was great fun to see utter despair on their faces. I showed David the Bunter Pebbles – the same rock formation that underlies the Lickey Hills where he works, and also extends north under Cannock Chase. We had a hot chocolate from the cafĂ© kiosk then trooped off down the coast to Exmouth for lunch. A pint of beer and a pizza each later and we were good and stuffed. 7+ hrs driving for 3hrs by the sea. I’ve had a really nice day, David not so much.

I took some car crochet with me, I am making himself a new pair of socks. I have had to frog and undo them a couple of times as I am trying to make them a snug fit. Hopefully will get the legs done tonight and then I can do the ankle cuffs and heels tomorrow.

All of our birthday cards arrived today! I’m sure the postie saves up our post and delivers it once a week to avoid repeated trips down the track.

There is a pair of batty batwicks flying around, making the most of the recent warm weather and the fact that there are still bugs around. It is nice to be home and back in my jimjams.