Tuesday 24 October 2023

Blogtober Day 24

Day 24 eh. Feels like I’ve been doing this forever.

Today I worked from home which meant cooking dinner on the log burner, wahoo! The first log burner meal of the season. Lamb tagine. Very noice.

I have been making myself a new pair of gloves as procrastination instead of doing/making everything else I need to do/make. But now I am procrastinating finishing these because I can’t decide what colour to do the wrist cuff.

The flooding is receding, it’s off the track now and has dropped maybe 40cm (using a horizontal willow tree as measurement – countryside style-ee). The wildfowl are enjoying themselves. The National Trust man came today to check out the drain flooding at the back of the house. He says that someone has been authorised to come and look with cameras and stuff to see if the drains actually go anywhere, or not. And to hopefully find what the issue is. 

Trilobites make good door stops. Having the log burner going all day means that the house is nice and toasty as I’ve had all the doors open to get the heat upstairs. 

Pippopotamus has rediscovered his towel house and has been in it all afternoon.

I have been designated as a Day Manager for an event next month at work. I've got a month to get into manager mode..!