Saturday 21 October 2023

Blogtober Day 21

Today I decided to (gently) bonk myself on the head with the giant parsnip to see if I could use it to kill someone, and the answer is yes, it would make a v good weapon. V good. Could probably also use it as a doorstop.

I’ve been over to the allotment today to pay my ass fee for the year, and to plant some onions. I think I planted around 100, a mix of white, yellow, and red. I brought some home to chuck in the garden somewhere (above floodwater….?!) and then gave momma the rest. So £5 has possibly bought nearly 200 baby onions. So if they all grow we shall be rich in veg! I also harvested some more carrots to take to other momma, to go with some smaller parsnips from the garden.

I was in Sainsburys today and had an email notifying me of another Etsy sale, so that’s exciting. And then I’ve had a commission via text message from nephew number one, so that’s another little project. Friendly reminder that if you want crochet gifts for a festive celebration, you need to order them now.

The Quatford Wetlands is back for the season. The river hasn’t burst her banks yet – expecting that tomorrow or Monday – this is all surface water.

The farm shop fry up is still doing negative things to my insides. Sooo much oil. 

The Lib Dem man won the vote so we are now a yellow ward (we were blue).

Hotdogs for dinner.