Saturday 28 October 2023

Blogtober Day 28

My brain thunkle to remake the dolly was a Good Idea. I’m a lot happier with this version, even if it is literally going to end up the size of a newborn baby. Maybe even bigger. It is sure taking a lot of stuffing.

I have been true to yesterdays blog post and have indeed been very firmly parked on the sofa all day. I watched The Nightmare Before Christmas this morning, we watched Gremlins at lunchtime, and now we’re watching Oceans 8. And in between all of that, I’ve crocheted over 4,000 stitches and STILL am not done. I started at 8am and have taken minimal breaks. I’m working on the body now and then just have the other arm to go, and then I need to make the dress and the hair. The hair will have to wait until tomorrow because it’s made with black yarn and looks well fiddly, so I need natural light for that.

Not a lot else to report. It’s been a delightfully slow day, with lots of snacks and lots of sitting. Haven’t even put deodorant on today. A bra? Pah. Who has time for one of them.





This mat is approx 50cm x 50cm...