Wednesday 11 October 2023

Blogtober Day 11

I almost didn’t blog today because I have been staring at a laptop screen all day. Mixed it up a bit though and interspersed some work plans and shopping lists with my legionella stuff. I’m really bad when I work from home – I don’t take breaks, I don’t take screen breaks, I don’t stand up and stretch, I don’t have a proper lunch break, and I tend to work overtime too. And then I wonder why my brain is so tired and why my back hurts. Hey ho. Only two days left at work and then a whole week off. Except for a meeting on Monday that I am going in for.

The chimney sweep has been today and it turns out it was the National Trust man which means we didn’t have to pay, which was a relief. The cat was not impressed at having a stranger in the house.

This evening I have baked some cakes, possibly the worst ones I have made for a while. They are for D to take to work tomorrow.

I finished the manta ray!! Wahoo! It turned into quite a labour of love, or rather a desire to not have yet another unfinished project sitting around. I can’t truly say that I’ve enjoyed making it. Anyhoo, it’s another project for my list. Now time to start on a commission!


yes i have worn two different pairs of 'jama trousers today