Monday 2 October 2023

Blogtober Day 02

I didn’t sleep very well last night. I had lots of very peculiar dreams and woke up confused more than once. It hasn’t been a great Monday, but I have walked over three miles – most of which was herding cattle around the nature reserve at work because they’d been allowed access when they shouldn’t have been. It’s been a bit of a day today. By 9am I was completely sodden from wading through thigh high vegetation waving my litter pickers in the air to scare the cows into mooooving. Good job I was wearing my wellies, but my knees have been cold ever since.

I never feel like I get any work done on a Monday; they’re usually days for catching up with the team and mentally prepping for the week ahead. Today has been a day of it. One thing after another. I think I’ve only sent two emails today.

Tomorrow will be a 13 (or maybe 14) hour work day so I probably won’t do a blog as I won’t be home until 10pm or so. I usually start late the day after a long day, but instead I have a 9am zoom call on Wednesday. I think it’s going to be one of those weeks. I am struggling to carve time out to get my head down as there's just so much to do. 

I really didn’t want to but I did some hula hooping outside when I got home. I really had to force myself to do it. I don’t know how long I did because I didn’t bother putting any music on. I also had a quick bimble around the garden and the cosmos is still flowering. I also appear to have some sunflowers about to bloom for the first time this year which is….. a bit late??

Dinner today was freezer fish n chips, and for pudding I shall be devouring my body weight in Dairy Milk. Stress eat? Me? Never!

It's been very autumnal here today, all misty out over the river. For all the bad head from work today, I do love living here at this time of year.