Monday 23 October 2023

Blogtober Day 23

Back to work today! I did not enjoy a 6am alarm after nine days without. I feel like I haven’t actually successfully got any work done today, but I’ve been in meetings and walked around the town and looked at photos and reports and dealt with stuff, so I guess that counts.

It was hella foggy this morning, so foggy that I couldn’t see the extent of the flooding as I drove up the bypass. I came home early to discover that the track has been breached, and the garden also. I’m not expecting it to rise much more. I hope heucheras and applemint don’t mind being temporarily submerged…

I saw two red kites on the way home, and had a fly-in-front-past from a buzzard as I came down the track.

Garlic bread for dinner. Ever since starting this job, I get home and I just load up with sugar and carbs. I think that should probably be telling me something about energy levels, too much brain thinking, and how I need to improve my lunches. It is a very intense brain thinking kind of job. One of my team finished their summer season today, and I have two new staff starting next week. Still lots to get sorted.

Please enjoy the picture of the cat eagerly getting his mush into his food tub. I don’t think he’s realised yet that I mixed the diet food in with his normal stuff.

i didn't make this

this morning

this arvo

the limb of the oak sticking out to the right is 10ft off the ground at its lowest point