Monday 30 October 2023

Blogtober day 30

Monday, Monday, so good to meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! It has actually been a good day today. I pulled my managerial hat on and made a Big Decision which will probably result in me having to put my big girl pants on and defend said decision. Heh. What fun hey.

Today at work I found a very good leaf, a turkey oak I think. I wanted to collect them all and I had grand visions of preserving them in wax or gelatine, then sewing and embroidering them, and making garlands and décor and stuff. And then I realised that I am quite probably on the spectrum and I will NEVER get around to doing any of that, so I left all of the leaves on the floor. Husband will be happy.

My lunchtime amble to the Co-Op because I was too lazy/sad/upset/crying to make a packed lunch yesterday was most upsetting because they didn’t have any cinnamon pastries left!! Clearly they had a Monday rush. So I went to the bakery bit and got a pack of two iced cinnamon buns instead. Winner! Deliciously gooey and sticky and I could’ve cut it in half and then I would’ve had four and that would’ve been one a day for every day I’m in the office this week, but I am also a fat pigwig so I ate one. A whole one. Needed it to fuel my managerial decision making. And then I had to hide the second one from myself.

I have started a new project today while my brain still works out issues with the doll. I think I have come up with a solution but I’m not in the mood to do it. I need to get in the mood though because I’m handing it over on Friday.

Beef stew for dindins. Cooked it for ten hours yesterday and it’s been cooked up today for a few more.

A good postal day today as my new Gaslight Anthem arrived, wahooo! Now just need a cassette release and I will be v happy. Also need to get a CD player as mine is dead. And a record player because I don't have one. It was my birthday present to myself except I pre-ordered it months ago.

Found tinky winky in the bin at home… not sure how and why a tinky winky has appeared…?!