Sunday 29 October 2023

Blogtober Day 29

Nearly there! Only two days of blogtober to go.

Today I have done another seven hours or so on this heifer of a doll and have now decided it isn’t worth it. This is the second doll I’ve made for this commission trying to get it right, it took me three hours to make the head – just the head – so the body in total has taken me over 12 hours. If I charged an hourly rate, that’d be £300. Not including materials, or the clothes, or the hair, or the face, or anything else. Just the shell of the body. I simply don’t have the time to get it finished, nor do I have the patience. The hair has taken me 4hours to do two thirds of the coverage, and that’s before I comb it all out and try to make it curly. Which ain’t gonna happen. So that’s that. Another make confined to the ‘never to be finished’ pile. The hair itself has had three attempts made today, I tried to do it in black yarn but I absolutely HATE working with black yarn, especially working into a chain to made a spiral. Sod that for a pack of carrots.

Today I have watched the first Garfield movie, and also Coco. I then listened to some old skool Red Hot Chili Peppers – some would say vintage. Because 2002 was soooooooooooo long ago (21 years, say whut).

I have done a huge beef stew to cook on the log burner today to eat for dinner tomorrow, and then cooked a roast dinner for today. I made a huge tray bake pud. It wasn’t great. It hasn’t been a great weekend.

Tomorrow I shall start my next crochet commission……..