Sunday 22 October 2023

Blogtober Day 22

Well, that’s the end of my week off work!

What I wanted: a week off to fully relax, spend some time at the allotment cracking on with jobs, quality crochet time, watching halloween movies, going for walks in the wood, and generally just doing the things that I like to do, that I don’t get time to do.

What I got: not that.

It’s been a bladdy busy week!! Lots of things all conspiring and falling and crashing and having to be dealt with. I’m not really looking forward to going back to work tomorrow because I don’t want to know what I’ve missed. Only eight weeks til festive break!

Anyhoo. Today. TODAY. We have driven lots today (he has, I hasn’t). I’m all out of sorts because I haven’t been able to do my Sunday routine and now I’m anxious because I’m not ready for the week ahead, but I’m purposely trying to use my two hours this evening before bed to relax. Chillax. Calm de fook down. But I am angsty, I got shit to do. I haven’t vacuumed, haven’t done my eyebrows (eyebrows should not join the hairline), haven’t cleaned the kitchen, haven’t meal prepped, haven’t oiled my hair, haven’t planted the crocus bulbs I bought the other day…. Arrrrgh. I shall be going to bed and ruminating on all these things I haven’t done and it’ll drive me up the wall.

On our fourth attempt we have finally been out for our birthday meal with Davids parents. I had three scoops of sprouts. It’s a good job I have my own office at work. I shall shut the door and parp.

Flooding wise, I’m not worried. She is rising but slowly, I doubt the track will be breached until sometime tomorrow and even then it won’t be by much. Probably be a quarter of the way up the garden, so nothing major. I have however packed my waders, buoyancy aid, a change of clothes, and a wading pole, in case I end up in the water at work tomorrow to help the team clear blockages from trash screens and under bridges.

The cat has started on his new “light” food today, the little (big) porker. 6.9kg of Pip. He is a big boy anyway but how he’s much more biggerer. Fatfuck. Takes one to know one though - scroll down to see todays dinner,,,,