Thursday 19 October 2023

Blogtober Day 19

I’m surprised I have made it this far with daily blogging, woo me! There is always something to write about, even if it is only about GIANT parsnips from the garden.

Today we have been v lazy, only venturing out of the house to vote (for people we’ve never heard of, never met, and will probably never meet, and never really get any benefit from), and to eat an all-day breakfast at the farm shop, then very quickly back home and back into pyjamas. D has gone out again as he has some search n rescue stuff on this evening. I am firmly plonked on the sofa where I have been aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalllllll day.

I finished his socks! Search and Rescue colours, with a thin orange line. Quite possibly the best pair of socks I have made so far. They have gone straight into his SAR kit to be worn under his drysuit. 

I have also nearly finished the body of a doll! It’s quite creepy actually. A little person has appeared from my hook. Currently it is armless and reminds me of the Iron Man in Birmingham.

The parsnips are all from the garden, grown from saved seed of parsnips I grew in 2021, then collected the seed in 2022. The cycle of life! The big momma is 731g – I had to get the spade out of the shed to dig it out. All of the seeds were sown at the same time and some are tiny smol and some are mahoosive. Carrots haven’t done very well in this bed as they were shaded by the parsnips – lesson learnt for next year.

My pumpkins are still putting out female flowers and trying to set fruit. I may have to get jiggy with a paintbrush as there aren’t many bees around now.