Wednesday 4 October 2023

Blogtober Day 04

Yesterday turned out to be a 12.5hr workday, and I was blocked in on the carpark so I couldn’t leave until I tracked down the owner. It was quite nice driving home along Wenlock Edge and watching the moon rise, though.  The plan for today was to start a few hours later but I had a 9am zoom meeting, and unfortunately my camera doesn’t work on the laptop so I was sat on the sofa in my pyjamas. Such a shame.

I then took a couple of hours as time in lieu, and pottered around the garden a bit. I hung my crochet jumper up in the garden to dry because I handwashed it at the weekend and now I fear it will be perpetually damp. So I put it outside. Bit too chilly in the air to dry things though, so it is still a wee bit damp.

I cut some herbs, mainly because the applemint is spilling over the pot and I didn’t want it to root outside of the pot, and while I was there I decided to cut more herbs. I ended up with blackcurrant sage, purple sage, green sage, variegated applemint, rosemary, calendula, lemon verbena, and chocolate mint. They’re all now bundled up and hung from the curtain pole to dry for a few weeks.

I worked from home for the rest of the day and today I have learnt that fences 1m tall or less/fewer don’t need planning permission, unless it borders a highway, footpath, bridleway, watercourse, or other open space. So everywhere, then. I have also been working on a mega document which is currently 23 pages long. It will be longer than my dissertation when it’s done.

Dinner today will be pasta and meatballs, with homemade mixed veg sauce. When the balls and sauce have defrosted. Tonight I am intending to do a little bit more of my crochet manta ray. I may also hula hoop. But I might not push myself too much as I felt a bit rough this morning.