Saturday 7 October 2023

Blogtober Day 07

A whole week in! There’s nothing like daily blogging to really point out how low key and dull your life is, but that isn’t always such a bad thing.

I have removed the bramble tendril that was reaching its way across the outside of the lounge window, and with it I took half the privet, two buddleias, three huge lemon balms, and also harshly pruned back a rose. The green bin is very full, and the privet had to be chucked on our chuck pile. I spent all day with barefeet and as a direct consequence of my own actions now have nettle stings all over the underneath of my tootsies. I planted lots of bulbs today, and also a load of chamomile. It was originally one plant on the allotment but I dug it up in pieces and brought it home a few months ago, it’s been in water ever since. Today I planted maybe twenty plants, and still have loads to go, and it’ll spread. Good job I want chamomile in the garden ain’t it.

Two loads of laundry out on the line today because it’s been so warm. I’ve also finally got around to putting new batteries in the wildlife camera which is now back in the garden to see what beasties it will see.

I have oiled my hair today and also by extension oiled my nails and cuticles. It’s ever so good for nails and cuticles. I do my hair, tie it up, then massage my fingers and ends. My nails have become so much stronger since I started oiling my hair. It is just olive oil which has been infused with ‘erbs. One of those ‘erbs is mares tail, for the silica.

Dinner tonight is stir fry. We gonna have cabbage toots tomorrow!